To mark the start of CONNECTA’s sub-project ‘Technical Assistance to the Albanian Sectoral Transport Strategy 2021-2025 – Review’, a kick-off meeting was held on 10 October 2022, with the participation of the representatives of the Ministry of Infrastructure and Energy of Albania, the State Agency for Strategic Programming and Aid Coordination and the CONNECTA team.
The purpose of CONNECTA’s assistance is the review and consolidation of the draft National Sectoral Transport Strategy 2021-2025, which has been prepared by the Ministry of Infrastructure and Energy of Albania. The overall objective is to ensure the draft Strategy’s compliance with strategic documents of the European Union and the Western Balkans in the field of transport.
Specifically, CONNECTA’s assignment will focus on alignment of the draft Strategy with all the priorities and measures foreseen in the following documents:
- Sustainable and Smart Mobility Strategy, European Commission 2020; • European Green Deal; Transport Decarbonisation
- Strategy for Sustainable and Smart Mobility – Western Balkans perspective, Transport Community Permanent Secretariat 2021; • Green Agenda for the Western Balkans; Transport Decarbonisation
- Economic and Investment Plan for the Western Balkans, European Commission 2020;
- Road Action Plan, Transport Community Permanent Secretariat 2022;
- Road Safety Action Plan, Transport Community Permanent Secretariat 2022;
- Rail Action Plan, Transport Community Permanent Secretariat 2022;
- Action Plan for Waterborne Transport and Multimodality, Transport Community Permanent Secretariat 2022; and
- Action Plan for Transport Facilitation, Transport Community Permanent Secretariat 2022.
Additionally, CONNECTA’s assistance will comprise tasks relating to the draft Strategy’s Budget issues and the Key Compliance Indicators.
The assignment is expected to be completed by the end of December 2022.
Additional information on the assignment can be obtained by contacting Chris Germanacos, CONNECTA Team Leader, at firstname.lastname@example.org.